Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
100% Ease of Scheduling
Schedule an appointment in a matter of minutes and be seen by a licensed behavioral physiatrist or specialist later that same day.
Confidential Telemedicine Appointments
Your privacy is our priority. Total Men’s offers access to safe and secure telemedicine appointments from the comfort of your home.
Licensed Behavioral Psychiatrists
Total Men’s offers access to licensed, experienced, and accredited behavioral psychiatrists and specialist coming from all walks of life.
What is PTSD?
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that people sometimes develop in response to a traumatic event. Approximately 7.7 million adults live with PTSD in the United States. Anyone who experiences past trauma, of any kind, can be at risk.
PTSD can look and feel different for everyone. Common symptoms can be broken up into three categories – intrusion, avoidance, and reactive:
Intrusion Symptoms —
• Psychological distress when exposed to cues that relate to the event.
• Significant physical responses to cues that relate to the event.
• Dissociative reactions or flashbacks in which the person relives the event.
• Repeated dreams about the trauma.
• Persistent and involuntary dreadful memories of the event.
Avoidance Symptoms —
• Avoidance of external factors (such as locations, conversations, people or activities) that remind the person of the traumatic event and cause terrifying thoughts, feelings or memories.
• Avoidance of painful memories, thoughts or feelings associated with the trauma.
Reactive Symptoms —
• Irritability and anger, typically expressed as aggression.
• Self-destructive behaviors.
• Hypervigilance or hyperarousal (increased anxiety and detection of threats).
• Exaggerated response to being startled.
• Concentration difficulties.
• Sleep problems
Total Men’s will take the time needed to understand, diagnosis, and discuss various options of treatments that best fit your needs. For some people, the symptoms and effects of PTSD may last a few month, while in others, they can last for years. With proper behavioral therapy and treatment, individuals diagnosed with PTSD can make significant progress. We will partner with you through every step of your treatment journey.
In some people, the symptoms and effects of PTSD go away after a few months. In others, the symptoms can last for years without proper behavioral therapy or treatment. Many people with PTSD gradually do improve, but professional help can help them make significant progress and feel in control again.
Research has shown that people seeking treatment for PTSD can be up to 14 times more likely to be diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder (SUD). Our team will work with you to develop a plan that makes sense for you and address any concerns you have.
PTSD Is Not a Diagnosis Of Weakness
Schedule a telemedicine consultation within minutes.Book Now
Medical Care Just for Men.
The quality of your care is our highest priority, and we’re dedicated to giving you the best experience possible. If you’re ever unhappy with our care, please let us know and we will work hard to make you happy. If you want easy access to health care and a practice who really knows you, you’re going to love Total Men’s Primary Care. We’ve created a new primary care experience that is focused on keeping patients healthy. We believe it will be different than what you’ve experienced before.
Use the online booking engine to secure your appointmentBOOK APPOINTMENT